Joined VATSIM for a while and looking to help build this community? Don’t miss this opportunity to join the Hong Kong VACC management team and become the Manager, Events and Marketing! Hong Kong VACC is a dynamic group of controllers who are always eager to help each other to improve their ATC skills, provide professional ATC service to pilots and, at the same time, have fun.
Here are a few details to see if you qualify for the post.
Position Vacancy: Manager, Events and Marketing
What you will be doing:
- Initiate and collaborate with other VATSIM organizations on projects of events and group flights on behalf of Hong Kong VACC
- Maintain effective communication with neighbouring facilities and virtual airlines. Direct event planning process if necessary
- Actively promote Hong Kong VACC to virtual airlines and the public through various platforms (e.g. Facebook, VATSIM forum, Twitter etc.)
- Promote events affiliated with Hong Kong VACC through internal and external platforms
- Maintain effective communication and be willing to work closely with other staff members
And to qualify:
- Currently holding a controller rating of S2 or above and having a good disciplinary record on VATSIM.
- Familiar with the administrative structure of Hong Kong VACC and the operation of Hong Kong VACC.
- Committed to maintain a strong presence on VATSIM while holding the position. It is expected that the appointee of this position will spend at least 2-4 hours a week on average performing work for this position.
- Previous leadership experience, within VATSIM or in real world, is an asset.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally both internally and externally, including on various VATSIM platforms and social media.
- Proficiency in English is a must as it is the working language of the VACC. Proficiency in Chinese (Cantonese) is considered a huge asset.
- Ability to meet the requirements specified in Hong Kong VACC Facility General Policy (HKVACC-P001)
Think that you are interested in the post and meet the criteria above? You can apply by detailing your past experience and your objectives for this position via email to Alfred Tang, Director of Hong Kong VACC (firstname.lastname@example.org). To be considered for the post, you must send us your application no later than 17th October 2016, 2359z.
We look forward to your application!